Thursday, July 17, 2014

Little Fey - UWS

Hi everyone!

I was up over at UmWowStudio yesterday and here's the page I made. I describe how I altered the UWS chipboard and the 7Dots Studio paper so if you're interested head over to the UWS blog too!


As you probably know, I'm not a big user of flower/florals but I must admit I really had fun with those leaves from the UWS Floral Collection. They went so well with that photo and the whole look I was going for (also inspired from this month's moodboard at Scrap Around the World!). I put a bunch texture and color on them to really make them stand out.


Of course I had to use the Heart Confetti since my daughter also has hearts all over her face :) and by the way, I made part of that background using the Hexagon Confetti Mask


Oh, and to tie in the cluster of embellishments at the corner of my photo, I used lovely flair from the Make A Wish set altered with a little watercolor paint. I saw the blowing dandelion picture on the Scrap Around the World moodboard (see below) and had a little "ah ha!" moment. 


Here's the moodboard with the beautiful colors, florals, and blowing dandelion:


Wishing you all a creative weekend!

Supplies:
UWS Heart Confetti
UWS Hexagon Confetti Mask
UWS Make A Wish flair set
UWS Floral Collection
7Dots Studio Messy Head paper
Prima flower and chalk ink


13 comments:

  1. Wonderful colors! I love this color combination. Wonderful photo! And Thank you for playing with Satw this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning layout! Great colours and beautiful photo!
    Thank you for playing with us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Real masterpiece!!! I totally adore your layout! All the colors and textures! Wow! Thank you for sharing it with us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is a gorgeous page! Thank you for playing with us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. REALLY love the texture & color of that Chippie!! FULLY GORGEOUS... THANK you for playing along over @ SATW this month.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply stunning page! So happy you joined us at SATW, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous page! I love your use of all the mixed media! Colors are amazing! Your little fey is adorable! All the best from SATW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow this is gorgeous!!! Love love the colour and texture! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE your background (as always)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning page Miae...your background and texture, along with your chippies and photo, are just fabulous! Really, really love this one! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty and the flowers
    and colors are wonderful!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome and cute LO... And I love the fab bg you have created :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow. LOVE how the colours from the photo extend to the background! LOVE the textures!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and visits are always appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...