Sunday, June 29, 2014

Allt Om Scrap Guest!

Hi everyone,

June is almost at an end so this announcement is waaaayyyyyy late: I was a guest designer over at Allt Om Scrap , a Swedish papercrafting blog with inspiration and challenges. When they asked me to be a guest I was so happy answered with a big "yes"!

I made a video tutorial about how I use watercolor paint to make my own layout backgrounds and I participated in their Gold Challenge.

Here's the video:



Here's what that final page looked like:





And here is my page for the Gold Challenge. I decided lots of gold would be more fun than a little here so I went to town with all my gold, glittery products.


The frames and paint strips are from Wilna Furstenburg. Her pages are whimsical, bright, beautiful and she has lots of cool digital designs in her shop. I was excited to come across her products!


I cut everything out on thick, watercolor paper. The paint strips I misted and tapped on mica powders. The large, ornate frame I painted and glittered, and the smaller frames I painted with Twinkling H2Os. 


The "Gold" title is old chipboard that didn't match. I lightly sanded the top, covered with gesso, painted with Tattered Angels High Impact paint, then sprinkled with glitter.


In real life, this page really glimmers and shines!

Thanks for visiting!

6 comments:

  1. Awesome layouts. LOVE how you used watercolours and GOLD...:)

    P/s: Better late than never right? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! And congrats on the Guest Gig, too....you do watercolour bg's so, soooo well:):):) And of course, Gold is the BEST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! Loved watching your process! This page is gorgeous as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what fun layouts!LOVE the first layouts colors!and what a sweet happy photo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving both of these layouts! Pure joy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the GD and super pages! I love that first one...the colours are just amazing! Super cool!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and visits are always appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...