Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Kreative Koncepts Sketch Challenge #25 - Seven

Hi everyone,

Here's my DT page for the new Sketch Challenge #25 up at Kreative Koncepts!

I don't know if any of you remember the tutorial I made on designing your own Polaroid frames. Here is the link to it. These are the frames I had cut out as a sample from that tutorial. I've been waiting and waiting for the right page to use them and when I saw the new sketch, a little light bulb went off inside my head!


Here's the super fun sketch:


I used hearts in lieu of the rectangles to run across the page. Basically I cut four heart shapes out of Dura-lar overlay film and used them as masks. After all the misting and painting I removed the hearts and had the negative remaining. I outlined them with black Faber Castell pastel pencil to make them more prominent. 

.

Here's a close up of one of the Polaroid frames.....


It had been a while since I'd used punchinella. I was looking for that extra something to finish my page and I'm so glad I came across my stash from Gauche Alchemy!


Supplies:
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Cranberry Zing and Mel's Diner
Dylusions Ink Spray in Bubblegum Pink and Cut Grass
Shimmerz Vibez in Hermit the Frog
Twinkling H2Os in Ginger Peach
Faber Castell Pitt Pastel in Black
Craft Smart Acrylic Paint in Aqua
Artist's Loft Oil Pastels
Roller Stamps by Amy Tangerine, Studio Calico, Recollections
Punchinella from Gauche Alchemy
Polaroid frames cut by Silhouette Cameo



13 comments:

  1. This looks fabulous...LOOOVe your hearts in a row & that bg pink colouring...YUM!!! Can't go past Polaroid frames, either, I reckon....good one, my friend:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, Miae! I am LOVING that background so much! And the way you used the polaroid frames! What a wonderful, happy, and creative layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome layout! Love the background with the hearts and the white frames on top of it! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I am so pleased that I found your blog. You are so talented. On behalf of the Scrap Around the World team I would like to invite you to play with us this month.We are celebrating the first birthday of SATW and I would love to see your work there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello :) I would like to let you know about Scrap Around The World epic anniversary event with prizes worth more than 1000 USD and encourage you to visit our blog and play with us this month. You are one of the Feb2014 finalist and this is the reason why you can win one of the 9 prizes.
    http://scraparoundtheworld.blogspot.com/2014/05/may-2014-challenge-13-celebratory-mood.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely STUNNING! Those Polaroids are beyond perfect, and I adore your mixed media background! Great color, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the fun and colourful background! And those frames! She has such a sweet smile!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Talented Miae! What beautiful work you have up here lately- well always. Its no surprise you are on Crafter's Workshop DT! I just saw the announcement! CONGRATSSSSS! You are perfect!!! :)
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an Amazing background! And a great technique with the hearts!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! Love your wonderful brigth layouts!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and visits are always appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...