Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy 2014!!


Hi everyone!

Well Happy New Year to you all! I hope the first few days of 2014 have treated you well :)

I know the days leading up to the end of last year were busy here and there were so many posts I thought of doing that I just didn't get the chance to. But no matter! That just gives me plenty of stuff to post in the new year :D

Today I'll share two pages.....

First up is my take on the fabulous Sketch Challenge #21 of at Scrap Friends.


Here's the sketch. I obviously rotated my page..... and seriously, isn't this sketch inspirational?


I loved all the random, messy lines. I drew some squiggly lines of my own with glitter glue.




Next up I wanted to show you the page I made for UmWowStudio.


No photos here. This was all inspired by the 2014 Pantone color of the year, Radient Orchid, a "...captivating harmony of fuchsia, purple, and pink undertones." What do you think about the color?


I've had this beautiful Cicada Bug chippie for some time, just waiting for the right page to use it. I colored with many different mauve and purple paints and really enjoyed making it the centerpiece. The Hexagon Background chipboard painted with yellow helped to create some contrast on my monochromatic page so that the cicada would stand out. 


I created the background with the UWS Circle Confetti Mask

Well I hope you didn't mind my sorta, kinda, long post ;) Thanks as always for stopping by!










12 comments:

  1. LOOOVE how you've used the glitter glue to do those 'squiggles' ....looks brill!!! As for the purple. Chuck! HATE the purple HOWEVER...I really adore how you've used it!! Go figure!!!! I think it's that wonderful Bug chippie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work, lovely colours, great design work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layouts are amazing!!! I love the color of the year! One of my favorite! :) Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely ADORE this! Love that sketch too- maybe I can play it one day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The LO at the top is totally adorable!!!
    Happy New Year to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you have rotated the sketch. The composition is fabulous! Your background colouring is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome lo as alwayas!
    Love how you used the colors on the seconde one!
    Wish you a wonderful year :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 2014 my friend! I received your holiday card....the girls are sooooo cute! You need to have more! *winks*

    I LOVE that first layout. Everything about it. Super fun. Visually arresting. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yvonne! But as I've said to my other friends, the baby factory is now closed ; P ...heehee! Happy New Year you!

      Delete
  9. Oh man, these are too freaking awesome! Wishing you a wonderful 2014 :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love them both, Miae, but like Yvonne, I especially LOVE, LOVE the first one! The title, the photos, the design, everything is absolutely amazing. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, too. Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic works!!!! And the first one is AMAZING!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and visits are always appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...