Sunday, July 14, 2013

Where's Miae?

Hi everyone!

Wow, it looks like I took an unintended hiatus from the scrapping/ blogging world. I haven't posted anything since early June! Yikes!

I was thinking about what it was that kept me away for so long it really wasn't anything more than the busy-ness of life. First there was the visit by the in laws, then there was my daughter's end of school year activities, quickly followed by a family vacation overseas....phew! One thing I have discovered about myself is that my creative mind is like a muscle. If I don't use it, I lose it.... Drove myself a little crazy wanting to scrap but drawing blanks whenever I'd squeeze in a little time to try :(

I did finally manage to make a page. I struggled, I'm ambivalent the way it turned out but that's OK because I created SOMETHING! Thanks CSI for this one!


I don't think I've ever worked this color scheme before, it's not an easy one for me. I turned to my trusty washi tape, paints and stencils to help me sort it out. Once the paints ran in the directions it did, the rest of the page came together a little easier. 


Molding paste mixed with Adirondack Color Wash gave me a blue textured medium which I spread over my TCW circle stencil. I painted over some of the circles with Daler Rowney Liquid Acrylic in Sky Blue 


Used the Silhouette to cut out the "kapow" shape (no really, that's what it's called) out of vellum to imply a burst and with green paper as leaves for this flower cluster.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Oh and don't forget, you can follow me on Bloglovin' if you please! Just click on this icon on my sidebar:


See you soon!


11 comments:

  1. Really cool background! Love the bold colours! :)

    P/s: It's always hard to get back to something after you've stopped for a while. Just keep at it...if this layout is any indication, you haven't lost your magic touch...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find this colour combo really hard....somehow your pages always look super funky & of course, I LOOOVE the boldness here....keep giving that muscle a work out now you're back home...have missed you:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Miae! Your layout is fabulous and so creative! I absolutely love your style! The red-white-blue theme looks wonderful here along with your photo and amazing design!!!!! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! Loving all the texture!

    Ali

    Www.theeverydayscrapbooker.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. ow ..
    Loved this explosion coming out of beautiful photo and the j
    ournaling the side is fantastic :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the result!!! You are back, Miae! :) Your background is FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the "firecracker" background and that sweet face just makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally agree! I have the very same problem right now. At least your readers haven't gone away! I want to see some vaca pics lady! Iceland? That must have been epic! Love the curcles here a great take on the 4th of July theme!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel like I've been hiding under a rock lately as well! Hope you had a great holiday. This is one fab layout!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cool!!!! I love it! A real cracker of a layout!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and visits are always appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...