Saturday, August 11, 2012

Dinosaur Hunting!


Hello everyone!

One of many fun things we did on our recent trip to Southern California was to visit the Natural History Museum. My oldest daughter in really into dinosaurs and we'd heard about the awesome exhibit at the Los Angelos NHM so we had a visit and it did not disappoint! We took so many photos but I don't know that they did any justice to that collection...

I did use some of those pics, however, on a layout I made for two challenges. CSI Case #31 really pulled me in with those bright tropical colors. Yes dinos can seem so ominous and serious but how exciting and fun they are to learn about! I was inspired by Helene's wonderful tutorial over at ARTastic to use stencils to create backgrounds! Here's my page:

For my Evidence: liquid medium, repetition, circles, solid background, parallel lines.
For my Testimony: I journaled about our NHM visit during our recent vacay

 
So I have to brag just a sec...I made those fun dinos in the background using a pack of stencils from the Dollar Store! Always happy when I score a find for a great deal :) I applied Snow Tex and then painted over them with distress crackle paint to give them their "tough hide" ;) 


I also used a circle stencil I had cut out with my Silhouette.

The alphas are an old pack of Heidi Swapp mistable letters with
a resist grid pattern. Oh how I wish I had MANY packs of these! I layed out
my title on a craft sheet then sprayed my colors and flicked
on the black paint.

Very fun arrow stamps by Studio g!

More crackly dinos!

So if anyone is into dinosaurs and you're in the area, check the exhibit out! It certainly was fun "hunting" for dinos! That's it for today! Thanks for your visit and comments, always appreciated!




18 comments:

  1. Well done Miae! It is fabulous to score a bargain like your dinosaur stencils and then use them to create a special page full of memories from your holiday. I am sure your daughter will love visiting the layout many times. Thank you for joining in the ARTastic challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is certainly a delightful layout made even more so with your thifty stencil bargain. I bet your daughter was thrilled to see her field trip so beautifully recorded.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great take on the challenge - love your stencil work - thanks so much for playing along at ARTastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many AWESOME design ideas rolled into one fantastic page! Love how you made those dino's and your own stencil! The altered alpha title is wonderful too :) I always learn something new when I visit your blog, Miae!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of cool stamping and stencil work there. Looks like you guys had lots of fun!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love visiting Natural History Museums. This is such a great layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool LO, I love the dinosaurs you have made :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an amazing and creative page!!!! Your layout just compliments those photos perfectly, and in such a fun way!!!!! I love it - TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW. So incredible! I love this!! I love the incorporation of the dinos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this page so much!!! Love the color scheme (surprise?) and it looks so gorgeous together with white! I also love your textured dinos and everything else you did on the background!!!

    Thanks for playing along! Now that you know how fun challenges we have at ARTastic I hope you want to come back again! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love your take on ARTastic challenge this month. From the textures used to the arrow stenciling...your page is so eye catching! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a page Miae! Just fabulous! Love every spot on your page...it is fantabulous!! Thank you for playing along at ARTastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great page you have created and such great ideas you have shown us. Love how you have created your dinosaurs, with the stencil and the crackle paint, very cool idea. Thank you so much for joining the ARTastic challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey gurl! My daughter loves dinos too! Perhaps it's time for a play date! :) Great page- I love the colors with this subject- everyone thinks of dinosaurs as a boy thing and it's SO cool to see their girly side! PA- dollar store SCORE! That's always awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow your LO is full of fun, lots of textures. Those alphas are really great and suit your page perfectly. Well done on a fab page and thanks for playing along at ARTastic.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are just so flippin talented! I love those dinos and your colors are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is such a fun page,love everything here,thanks for playing along at artastic

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and visits are always appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...