Monday, October 24, 2011

The Magic of the Sea

Here's a layout I just completed combining two challenges. I love the color palette over at TCR and Punky Scraps has a new challenge going on that I just couldn't resist so I put it all together and came up with this:




I really enjoy creating my own backgrounds! This one I made on canvas using watercolors, gesso, and acrylic paint. Over that I added some molding paste overlayed with saran wrap for texture. That metallic frame I made with ducting tape after watching this cool video on youtube by Belinda Akers! The title I hand wrote on shrinky dink plastic and shrunk. All the doodling I did, I covered with glitter, to soften the black. I really wanted to convey the feeling of how magical the ocean beach must feel for children..so much to see, feel, explore!  Here's the palette:


Thanks for looking!

13 comments:

  1. OOOHHH! Love this, definitely gives that magical feeling. Love the way you did the title and entire design! your backgrounds are always awesome. I'm so glad you decided to play along!!! I was really hoping you would ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miae...i am now your new follower after seeing your page over at TCR. Lovely work gorgeous mix media and beautiful pages altogether and I know I will keep on coming back to your space. Do have a look at my blog whenever you are free and love to have you as a follower as well.
    Thanks for sharing.

    Cheers
    Yuzz Yusof

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is gorgeous Miae I am loving your pages your creativity is so inspiring! xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like this background and those colors - wow. So nice! Soft and with texture. Love it!

    Thanks for playing along. It's fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE LOVE LOVE what you've done to create this background - it has so much depth and is very dreamlike. Great Punky LO! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so dreamy and gorgeous. The bg is outstanding!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning page!! Gorgeous mixed media work!! Thanks for playing along with us at Punky Scraps!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for playing along at Punky Scraps. That photo is wonderful and so is your layout. Love your techniques and your punky style!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This rocks! I Love what you did here! Thank you for sharing this fabulous creation at Punky Scraps! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Love this background. Geeat page!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE all the experimenting and playing you've done here- all the different materials and techniques make for a fantastic final piece- which really does represent your theme- I absolutely love it. Thank you for your color room feature as well- the page above was my favorite from the bunch. Thank you for submitting to Punky Scraps!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and visits are always appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...