Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Color Room Palette #58

So I've been a member of The Color Room for just a few months now and I love it! It really does challenge me to not only push outside the box of my usual palette schemes but to make my own backgrounds and embellishments. I often don't have pre-made embellies in the color scheme that's listed so I have to be creative with my paints, mists, and inks to make things up...so fun!! And that is right in line with my mixed media interest :) Here's this weeks palette followed by my LO.






I made the background by using a doily as a mask along the edges and by applying molding paste in the center and painting over it. Really wanted to sew the inside border on this page but I swear I remain incapable of using a sewing machine! (must try again) so I just doodled it.  On the outer edge is a letter I wrote to my daughter about becoming a sister and how I already know what a wonderful sister she will be. The title is in Korean, pronounced 'on-ni' which translates to older or big sister. That is how our new baby will be taught to call her sister:)



2 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! I love the paintwork and the sentiment behind it...so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love your layouts dear..could not stop myself and reached the beginning of your blog..and I wished there cud be more!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments and visits are always appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...